Join Rachel Maldonado, Esquire of Gordon Rees for the March General Meeting. Ms. Maldonado will present on Medicare Issues in Injury/Disability Cases including Medicare compliance and the Medicare secondary payer act.
Rachel M. Maldonado is a Partner in the Medicare Compliance Group, concentrating in Medicare compliance issues that arise in workers’ compensation and general liability settlements. Prior to joining Gordon Rees, her practice involved Social Security disability and workers’ compensation litigation. A registered attorney with the United States Social Security Administration, she has vast knowledge of and experience with Medicare, Medicare Set Asides, and workers’ compensation law in Pennsylvania.
Ms. Maldonado received a J.D. from Duquesne University in 2009.
* Medicare Secondary Payer Act prohibits Medicare from making payments that are the responsibility of a primary payer.
*The Act specifically refers to: “an automobile or liability insurance policy or plan (including a self-insured plan) or under no fault insurance.”
* 3 Prongs of the MSP
* Pre-settlement conditional payments (Liens).
* Post-settlement medicals. a primary payer or plan exists. Medicare Set-Aside.
* Section 111 Medicare, Medicaid & SCHIP Reporting (MMSEA). Electronic reporting required of carriers/self-insureds for settlements or payments involving a Medicare beneficiary.
* How do we reduce MSA for CMS Approval
* $0 MSAs: When to Use Them
* The limited situations where a $0 MSA is appropriate
* The Amended Review Process
* Self-Administration Requirements
The link to join the webinar will be emailed after registering.
As always, this event is free for all PPA members. Non-members can attend for a cost of $10.00.